TIMEGHOUL "Panaramic Twilight" (DIY)

The monument of this demo release should be some time explored. I don’t know the criteria with which anyone chooses to listen to music but Timeghoul include every-fucking-thing inside the two tracks of this demo. The songs are long durated and that is something which automatically sets them as uncommercial. However, the time length is not the problem. The multiplexing of these composures almost stuns anyone. Personally, I was speechless when I first listened to the mentioned band. I believe they could offer the world of music albums that could do honours to any informed record collection. I hardly know where to begin from. I think that if I wanted to write something only for the “Occurence on Mimas” track I’d never finish this review. Basically, let us consider that Timeghoul play death metal. They have an unhidden love for doom metal also. The lapses from their musical breaks to the slowest parts of it are combined with utter brilliance. In fact, at their down-tempo moments they somehow remind me of My Dying Bride’s most magnificent albums teachings. The vocals are expressive and often add an epic mood to the whole album climax. Antony’s efficiency behind drum-kit is extraordinary. This guy is possibly having the most basic role in Timeghoul’s music. Truly. If only those drum themes were recorded, they’d still compose MUSIC! I’ve found out the void in my “Top-3 drummers” list, for sure. Heartbreaking, violent, mournful, epic – Timeghoul dripped ash to a flaming scene (early death metal) which rarely would sound the same again. You shall live the experience of this HUGE scene through substance. Still, so many years ahead…

Miltos XIC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...