SIMON & GARFUNKEL "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary and Thyme" (Sony)

I was pretty young at age, as long as I can recall, when accidentally I listened this way too important duet’s greatest hit which marked a whole generation. I’m talking, of course, about “The Sound of Silence” which manages to thrill me even at this stage of my age. Those times, my father oftenly dusted the stack of vinyls he owned and by the way dropped some songs… of his youth! I had never listened the Simon & Garfunkel’s full-lengths so far, only was settled in best of collections and a pleiades of songs also. I recently listened strictly their full-lengths and in fact, I haven’t been introduced in something new since I happen to know most of their songs already. The mentioned record slightly wins the constest compared to the rest of the four albums of the band. Simon and Garfunkel aimed at their ability to fabulously perform their beautiful vocal melodies and that’s what they do. To tell the truth, I happen to be enthusiastic with some guitar themes also- they actually a dreamy musical background above which the duet unfolds all of its talent. Always poetic and with quality, Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel write once more diachronic songs which will be heard through the centuries. The “Scarborough Fair” track -some lyrics of which gift us the record’s title- is a composition somehow similar to alike ones of Dead Can Dance. The couplet off of “Homeward Bound” song is of giant inspiration and stirs the soul of me no matter how many times I’ve listened to this. Music of yesterday, for today and tomorrow.

Miltos XIC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...